Thursday, July 22, 2010

Manglish? Syiok!!!

Something to share :)

We used to shortened words in our daily conversation. Let alone the grammatical and all scattered errors. The shorter, the better right? As long as the meaning could be communicate successfully, mission accomplished! Haha!

Below are some examples I read from one of my favourite book. Enjoy!

English: Why is that idiot honking anyway?
Manglish: That idiot horn for what?

English: I'd like to order a glass of plain water.
Manglish: Sky juice one.

English: What are you talking about? That's absolutely ridiculous!
Manglish: You talk what? Rubbish-lah.

English: Would you reverse your car?
Manglish: Gostan!

English: Oh dear, I'm going to be in deep trouble.
Manglish: Die!

~ Eh, it's true what? Hehe... Some would find it funny, but it IS what we speak! :D Cheers!

Source: "Honk! If You're Malaysian" by Lydia Teh. Great book to spend hours :)

Ciao: Come eat! Don't shy-shy cat-lah... Haha!

2 comments:

HideGulz said...

why you like this?

LOL =))

Ciao Annin said...

Why like? Like what-lah? Haha!